Brain hemispheres functionality
With this research, the scientist came to a conclusion that the brain divides the activities in two different groups. The left hemisphere controls one group, and the right hemisphere controls the second group of activities. While one hemisphere is active, the second rest.
Lobes of brain hemispheres
The frontal lobes
What would happen if each brain hemisphere worked without the other?
Can we improve brain hemisphere functionality?
How to improve the functions of brain hemispheres?
- Participate in various activities. Let’s say, participate in art activities but learn mathematics as well.
- Provide environments that stimulate the activity of both brain hemispheres. For example, make with child a masquerade masks in which both of you will participate … Draw a mask, think about details, calculate costs, plan to purchase, …
- Use both hands in some simple actions such as using a fork and knife or drawing.
- Often play ball by using the non dominant hand. You can play ball in such a way with your kid.
- Wash your teeth or brush your hair with a non dominant hand and promote the child to do the same.
- Teach juggle and encourage the child to teach the same. Juggling represents a great balancing ability.
- Play equilibrium sports such as dancing, boating, wrestling, running, swimming, etc. Encourage the child to play these sports as well.
- Play the piano or some other musical instrument. Playing musical instruments stimulate the balance between the two hemispheres, actually promote functions of both brain hemispheres.
Do you like this article? Do you find it as useful for you? If you want to find more about brain functionality, I recommend the books in the presentation below. If you know some book more about this subject, please, share its name with us in comments.